Search in forum:
Search

Post12/07/2011 at 1:00pm (UTC)    
Post subject: Adding Spaces and Google search

Hi,

Have tried to create a mock website or rather a prototype that I intend to get up and running in the future so looking for some hands on before I do that.

Have 3 questions when i tried it here:

1) How do I add a space between text and images,text and text, differentiate text format or create new paragraphs. I guess this would come under formatting of the page.

2) Have tried searching my page on both Google and ASK but get no hits.Copied my URL and pasted it into a few search engines but still no joy. Do i need to do something extra to get the spiders and crawlers to find it first?

3) Do you have any mechanism for checking materials before they are posted to ensure that they are not copyrighted, etc?

Thanks a bunch,
Nelson
Post12/09/2011 at 4:18pm (UTC)    
Post subject: Re: Adding Spaces and Google search

Hello,

1. <br /> adds a space after the text! Look at following example and add <br /> after the text..
Quote:
text<br />
text

2. You can create your own search engine on Google.
http://www.google.com/cse/manage/create

3. Sorry we have not any mechanism. But everyone has to emphasize the works' copy-righter and owner.

Have a nice time!

Canerfc.

munderlaang-hill wrote:
Hi,

Have tried to create a mock website or rather a prototype that I intend to get up and running in the future so looking for some hands on before I do that.

Have 3 questions when i tried it here:

1) How do I add a space between text and images,text and text, differentiate text format or create new paragraphs. I guess this would come under formatting of the page.

2) Have tried searching my page on both Google and ASK but get no hits.Copied my URL and pasted it into a few search engines but still no joy. Do i need to do something extra to get the spiders and crawlers to find it first?

3) Do you have any mechanism for checking materials before they are posted to ensure that they are not copyrighted, etc?

Thanks a bunch,
Nelson

- The only language of the board is English / Englisch / Anglaise / Inglés / Inglese / İngilizce / Angielski / Английский / Αγγλικά / 英语 / 英语简体英文. So please write in just English!

Own-free-website.com