Search in forum:
Search

Post09/26/2012 at 12:06pm (UTC)    
Post subject: "Replace Layer by Pop-Under" Function Removed

Hello,

For some time Own-Free-Website.com had the function to replace the layer advertisement on your pages for 7 days with pop-under ads. After these 7 days you could log into Own-Free-Website.com again and activate the pop-under for another 7 days, instead of activating the layer.

We are currently working on the code for Own-Free-Website.com and on creating a more clearly arranged face of Own-Free-Website.com.

Therefore we have removed this function today.

Before doing so, we analyzed how many users used this function actively. The share was very small (less than 0.05% of all users). The impressions of the pop-under were also very small (about 50 impressions per day).

Of course you still have the option of turning off the ads completely, by booking the premium package “ad-free” for 29.90 Euro per year:
http://www.own-free-website.com/en/Premium/

Greetings!
Ben

Last edited by blochmann-en on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post09/26/2012 at 6:22pm (UTC)    
Post subject: Really Very Sad News

Its Really Very Sad News To Me...Since 2008 am using Own-free-website.com.

Only bzc of no adds am using this site and i am referred to all my friends ,

Now it became Add-Support site.To Purchase Premium Site i don't have any Credit cards.

I think its time to search another good site as Own-free-website

Thank You Very Much For All Own-free-Website team to build a such a good site.

Bye... Crying or Very sad
Post09/26/2012 at 10:15pm (UTC)    
Post subject: Not what i expected from Own free website!

Hello, i've been using Own free website, for almost +-3 years, the only reason i decided to use it was because of the add free function, i'm so unhappy that its gone!! Evil or Very Mad

I humbly request for it to be put back as an option to disable the adverts, that what made own free website different from the rest!

Also the webpage/website that is hosted by own free website for me is that of a religious one, the adverts.. aren't so appealing as iv'e seen an ad with 18+ contect being displayed and i'm so unhappy with this...

Perhaps I also think its time to search another good site as Own-free-website

Last edited by merebanksaicentre on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post09/27/2012 at 8:43am (UTC)    
Post subject: Ohh No..It will not work!!

Hello,
I m using this site since 5yrs...because of free website...but its very bad news to all users that the option of deactivating advt is removed ...Don't understand why doing this; when everything is going fine...???

It will not work out...Request from all users ..."Pls update that forum again" otherwise we have to move to other websites...hope you will understand the big problem of all users...

Rupali G.,Mumbai
Post09/27/2012 at 5:10pm (UTC)    
Post subject: sad

we didn't expect. so i am moving to another site. thank you own free website. good bye for yu
Post09/28/2012 at 7:10am (UTC)    
Post subject: We are with You dear

[size=18][i][b]It is good that you are working to improve it, pop under is no problem to us. It is reality that you want to earn more for you Page.tl but please adopt the way which may not harm our viewers. [/b][/i][color=green][/color][/size][size=24][/size][/code]
Post10/01/2012 at 3:56pm (UTC)    
Post subject: bad news

the only thing that does not change in this own="free"-website service, is the domain. first it was the annoying ads, and now we cannot remove it at all. When your service introduced to us, was not what you are offering today. as i said, the only thing that hasn't been changed is the domain. Since there is not guarantee that no other bad changes are going to be made, i would prefer to go to an other more reliable service.
PS: in a service, changes are made to improve quality, not the opposite. <--thats my advice to take back all of your customers, including me.
Post10/05/2012 at 12:53am (UTC)    
Post subject: how can

ssdpa you have not pop under advestering in your page? how can this? Give pls answer thank you..
Post10/08/2012 at 1:37am (UTC)    
Post subject: Re: "Replace Layer by Pop-Under" Function Removed

blochmann-en wrote:
Hello,

For some time Own-Free-Website.com had the function to replace the layer advertisement on your pages for 7 days with pop-under ads. After these 7 days you could log into Own-Free-Website.com again and activate the pop-under for another 7 days, instead of activating the layer.

We are currently working on the code for Own-Free-Website.com and on creating a more clearly arranged face of Own-Free-Website.com.

Therefore we have removed this function today.

Before doing so, we analyzed how many users used this function actively. The share was very small (less than 0.05% of all users). The impressions of the pop-under were also very small (about 50 impressions per day).

Of course you still have the option of turning off the ads completely, by booking the premium package “ad-free” for 29.90 Euro per year:
http://www.own-free-website.com/en/Premium/

Greetings!
Ben
Post10/19/2012 at 4:16pm (UTC)    
Post subject:

Really liked having the option of disabling ads for the amount of traffic brought into site. This gave me incentive to login every week to disable them. With Adblock I never see them anyway. But it made more users frequent my site, hence more traffic for you too. Since you have permanently enabled ads, traffic has slowed greatly.

Please consider bringing this option back, I would hate to have to take my site else ware... Sad
Post10/20/2012 at 12:08pm (UTC)    
Post subject:

I like many others in this post am now thinking I may need to shop around you say that only 0.05% used the function my theory is it was higher used then that (I used it all the time) and I get a good amount of foot traffic. Unless you reinstate the pop up layer function I am afraid it will be the main reason to jump ship. Please bring it back thanks