Search in forum:
Search

Post08/15/2012 at 8:29am (UTC)    
Post subject: Visiting our Servers in the Datacenter

Hello!

Last week we made a trip to the datacenter with some employees.

We receive many requests wanting to know how the technical kit "in the background" works, so I decided to take some pictures on our trip;)

Here you can find the pictures on my own-free-website:
http://blochmann-en.page.tl/Gallery/kat-3.htm

Here some background information:
Our server is located in the datacenter in Feucht, Nuremberg. A datacenter is a big building, with a very high electricity need and an extremely fast internet connection, in which the servers are located.

We had a behind-the-scene tour with the operator of the datacenter ("IP Exchange GmbH), who showed us the whole building with the battery backup supply, the nitrogen extinguisher, the diesel generator and diverse colocations. Due to security reasons I was not allowed to take pictures of the facility.

In case the internet connection of the server fails, the datacenter has a second internet connection. There's also a backup for electricity: in case of a power-cut, the batteries are switched on and then the diesel generators produce the electricity.

However, due to the complexity of the kit, there is still the possibility of an incident. But we're doing our best to keep the downtime as short as possible, e.g. choosing a datacenter with all these security measures.

Many greetings!
Ben
Post10/07/2012 at 2:15pm (UTC)    
Post subject: Bguj

[color=red][/color][color=darkred][/color]
Post10/14/2012 at 2:44am (UTC)    
Post subject:

Very interesting details, thank you!

Eduart
Post01/04/2013 at 5:58am (UTC)    
Post subject:

Thanks for this post.